Thread: Atom 2014 model refresh?

Electron
    Country
    United States

Atom 2014 model refresh?

Since it is a new year, I’m thinking about how to make things new. Which brings this question: what can/should Ariel and TMI do to improve upon or refresh the Atom?

I’ve got a 2006 Atom II, and to the uninitiated there is no recognizable difference in 2014. Some say that’s great, including me to a large extent.

Use a composite frame or tub to “add lightness”? Offer an electronic drivetrain with swappable battery packs a la Formula E? A dual-clutch, as MadMax pointed out is available http://arielatomchat.com/forums/thread1694.html ? Or is there no improvement needed on the existing combination of beauty, aesthetic, and performance?

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    That new drive train that max pointed out with paddle shifters. Oh,and better mirrors and a different style of wheels. My opinion. . May be a off road version

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    The engine/drivetrain won't be available for sometime. What they showed was a preview of what is next for Honda.

Country
    United States
    Better aero would surely benefit the Atom,but would really require a total rebody..and much of what makes the Atom so unique would be lost. Most complain about the "woody" brakes..but if you made them assisted,you would lose most of the feel necessary to control them properly (without adding ABS) I would like to see a dual clutch option.. and even a single seat Solo edition with the weight reduced,but still powered by an automotive drivetrain. A 1k.lb solo seater with the new Honda R turbo and dual clutch would be a little rocket ship!
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    given the trend of reducing HP from the Atom 2 to the 3 I predict the Atom 4 will be running the Honda P07A engine (turbocharged of course). Inline 3, SOHC 6 valves, 63 hp with 69 lb·ft of torque

the high profile toy thrower

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Tilt steering, for short poeple.

Particle
    Country
    United States
    I just bought a new 2013 AA last October. What I wish a AA had and I am in middle of doing to my own new AA that I wish came stock.... Three easy update suggestions for 2014; 1. 17" rear 275 wide tires with wider rear fenders, 2. New headlamps other then the 1970's looking round bug eyes. ( I did not know till I picked up my AA3.5 that it still had round headlamps in USA for AA 3.5) 3. Better race seats and belts in road version. ( like Reveire) I dumped the stock belts and bought nice Schroth enduro 6pt belts

ReVerie Mulsanne 'C' CF Racing Seat for the Lotus Elise and Exige
    S111 Enduro 6pt Harness for the Lotus and Ariel - Sector111

My 2cents

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Looks like another British company is going with the carbon fiber tub for their lightweight offering.
    Elemental Cars
    http://elementalcars.co.uk/wp-conten...b-1024x685.jpg