Thread: Mugen Carbon Fibre 6 Speed Shift Knob

Country
    UK

Mugen Carbon Fibre 6 Speed Shift Knob

Mugen carbon fibre shifter knob, comes with either a red stripe or black stripe. On their way to me now, ETA next couple of weeks. Has a high gloss finish which the pictures above dont do justice as the flaky floor material seems to be reflecting in the knob making it look a bit chipped. Also have the aluminium Mugen gearknob which I should be able to laser engrave to customize to requirements (not had a chance to try it yet).

Tried the sample on my own car, the factory knob was a bit stiff so had to use a pair of mole grips to unscrew off. this one simply screws on and I don't know if it was by luck or they're made that way but the Mugen one screwed on with the text/logo correctly aligned on tightening! Have ordered some adjuster nuts too just to be on the safe side. Feels very substantial when gripped.

As always, please subscribe to the stock alert if you may be interest to I can order appropriately, and sign up for a VIP account to see discounted priced:

Mugen Carbon Fibre Shift Knob - Red Stripe
    Mugen Carbon Fibre Shift Knob - Black Stripe (pictures show red stripe as I only received the sample in red, but will update pictures on arrival)

Mugen Polished Aluminium Shift Knob - Will try laser engraving this weekend and update pictures
    Mugen Anodized Black Aluminium Shift Knob

Obviously not very useful if you have a 5-speed transmission but if there's demand I'll see if I can source some 5-speed ones.

Also have two more designs coming in, a spherical unbranded one and a slim race type, both in carbon fiber in black and silver materials. Will upload pics of actual ones once they arrive.
    Last edited by HamTT; December 18, 2013 at 01:31 PM.

Country
    UK
    I've had a few emails from people querying whether this will fit just the Mugen or any Atom. Just to clarify, Mugen is an engine tuner/parts manufacturer that does tuning and styling mainly for Honda cars/products. A bit like M-Tec for BMW or AMG for Mercedes (but bot as integral).

These gear knobs will fit ALL atoms and by using it you're not trying to pass your Atom off as a Mugen!Its simply a Mugen styled gear knob!

Anyway, the black striped ones are in now and have updated the pictures on my site. Skunkwurx own brand carbon fiber gear knobs are also in too for those who don't want the Mugen styling. I'm very please with the quality of these and how they've turned out:

Skunkwurx 'Race' Gear knob

Skunkwurx 'Street' Gear knob

See the full range of carbon fiber gearknobs here.