Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Carbon Fiber Rear Wings Sneak Preview

Country
    UK

New Carbon Fiber Rear Wings Sneak Preview

So the samples of the finalised rear wings are on their way to me now as we speak, should be here sometime next week:

Design 1:

Design 2:

Design 3:

and all have carbon fiber fittings/legs:

These have been designed so they are direct replacements for the factory's own. In other words you can use the fitting kit for your factory wing without any modification, making them completely interchangeable, only 4 bolts holt them in place.
    The prices for the above wing will be in the ranges of $800-$1000. This is a bit more expensive than the wing that I posted a picture for earlier:

The price of ^^^ wing will be around $500-$650 and I will be marketing it as a budget wing. In all honesty the quality of the first 3 wings will be significantly better. They have been designed and made to my spec by a company that does high-spec work for racing teams and movie productions. The "budget" wing I would say is on par in terms of quality to the factory CF wing (albeit a different design) and has been made by a different company that does general carbon fiber work.
    In terms of fitting there are three options-

1 - you can use the factory's fitting kit for the rear wing
    2 - you can use the fitting kit that I am working on, this is near completion and uses 100% carbon fiber upright pieces and will come in 3 designs:

and

The prices of these kits complete will be around $350-400 with the carbon fiber verticals, aluminium number plate bracket (powdercoated black will be available also) and a steel middle "W" section bracket, as well as all the nuts/bolts etc.

3 - you can mix and match - you can purchase just the vertical carbon fiber pieces and use your existing number plate bracket and middle "W" section bracket. The price for a set of 100% CF 5mm verticals will be around $250-300 for any of the 3 designs.

The release date for pretty much all of these parts will coincide with the release date of the RaceDash - mid January 2014. Everything seems to be happening at once!

No chopping/fiddling/welding with the car required. Everything will be reversible.

As always, feedback and suggestions requested!

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Very nice. That's a great price considering the APR wing I have is now $1500. Any plans for a front wing?
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    Im in awe of your ability to take on and execute something like this. Very nice.

Second the the motion for a front wing.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Very nice. That's a great price considering the APR wing I have is now $1500. Any plans for a front wing?
    Yep, front wing is in the pipeline but realistically several months away still. I need to get the fitting bracket finalized for the front nose and before i can realistically work on, and as I didn't have one on my own car its been a bit of a hit-and-miss getting it mocked up. Also i really need to get some of the products out and start selling so I can get a gauge of which designs people are liking so I can make the front wing to match. I'm leaning towards the split wing in the pictures above so I can have a similar kind of setup at the front, a bit F1-esque.

Also I'm hoping to finish off a 3D model of the atom over next few weeks so I can do some CFD analysis on it and try to make sure the wings are actually functional rather than just cosmetic.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffgtx View Post
    Im in awe of your ability to take on and execute something like this. Very nice.

Second the the motion for a front wing.
    Boredom and a very high price for factory parts can drive a man to do wonders!

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HamTT View Post
    Yep, front wing is in the pipeline but realistically several months away still. I need to get the fitting bracket finalized for the front nose and before i can realistically work on, and as I didn't have one on my own car its been a bit of a hit-and-miss getting it mocked up. Also i really need to get some of the products out and start selling so I can get a gauge of which designs people are liking so I can make the front wing to match. I'm leaning towards the split wing in the pictures above so I can have a similar kind of setup at the front, a bit F1-esque.

Also I'm hoping to finish off a 3D model of the atom over next few weeks so I can do some CFD analysis on it and try to make sure the wings are actually functional rather than just cosmetic.
    Norm might be able to help you here since he has a 3D laser scan of his car.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Norm might be able to help you here since he has a 3D laser scan of his car.
    3D Scans are for wimps...

I'm only saying that cos I'm jealous of his *equipment*!

I did have a chat to him about it but I needed the full build history in the 3D file so I could change and modify dimensions easily so I could test new profiles etc.

Country
    UK
    Ok the wings or samples are in now and have been priced up:

Skunkwurx 'Starter' Carbon Fiber Ariel Atom Rear Wing
    Friends/forummers price $649

Skunkwurx 'Slick' Carbon Fiber Ariel Atom Rear Wing
    Friends/forummers price $879

Skunkwurx 'Solo' Carbon Fiber Ariel Atom Rear Wing
    Friends/forummers price $999

Skunkwurx 'Duo' Dual Element Carbon Fiber Ariel Atom Rear Wing
    Friends/forummers price $1199

More pictures are on the website if you follow through on the links. I will add on more specs (weight/dimensions) and better pics when I get a chance over Christmas.

THE PRICES ON THE WEBSITE ARE HIGHER THAN WHAT I HAVE LISTED ABOVE. To see the above prices, please create an account on the website and PM me your name or email address you have used on the site and I will elevate your account to VIP status. Once you log in you will see above prices. Those who have already done this can just log in and see the special prices not just on these but on the other products also.

If you are interested or possibly interested in any of the products, PLEASE sign up to the subscriber alerts on the web page. this will help me forecast the demand for each product and in turn order the products accordingly hence allowing me to keep the prices keen.

More pictures from different angles are on the website.
    If you happen to be from UK or one of the Euro countries, the website should automatically show you correct prices in GBP/EUR but please let me know if you have any issues, its still being worked on yet.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Great stuff. Cant wait for the front wing kit

For a price comparison, the dual element GT-1000 that APR just released is $2180. Its a 71" (180cm) wing

Yours looks better

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Where's the DRS activator bump?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast