Thread: when will ariel atom 3.5 be availble in the USA?

Fermion
    Country
    United States

when will ariel atom 3.5 be availble in the USA?

when will ariel atom 3.5 be availble in the USA? I saw a post from top gear which says the ariel atom 3.5 is now available in the UK and that it has some pretty good upgrades (10hp more and 15% stiffer with better steering geometry).

Here is TMI's release about it.

Starting the countdown to ownership

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    that's a link to the atom 3, not the 3.5

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Richard Hammond column: The Ariel Atom 3.5 will go down a bomb - Richard Hammond - Mirror Online

The supercharged Honda Type R engine, for one thing, now has 310bhp instead of 300bhp. Not that it needs any more power. Word on the street is that even the 300bhp engine produced more power than that in real life.
    The Atom 3.5 has a digital gear indicator for the first time so you know which of the six gears you are in.

The people at Ariel have changed some of the tubes around where the engine sits which apparently makes the chassis 15% stiffer, not that it felt bendy before. Springs and dampers have been tweaked to take ­advantage of the extra rigidity and the steering geometry has been adjusted to make the 3.5 more stable in a straight line at high speeds.

The Atom doesn’t have much in the way of bodywork but what it has – its nose cone – is a bit longer.
    In true face-lift style the headlamps are new and the rear lights are slightly different.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Read the press release. TMI didn't change the name to 3.5.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DBeach View Post
    Read the press release. TMI didn't change the name to 3.5.
    But the press release at post #2 is dated January 2013, and talks about a car available to customers since Jan 2013, while the Hammond column is from last month and suggests a car rolled out only very recently (so more like a 2014 model)?

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    The 3.5 was announced in the fall of 2012. I think it was October. TMI announced the new car in January, 2013. I am sure the article you read was written in the spring or summer and just now published. I know Car & Driver use to have a 4-5 month lead time.