Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: k24 SC options and retailers?

Particle
    Country
    United States

k24 SC options and retailers?

Hello I have a new TMI Ariel Atom 3 with K24. I am thinking about adding a supper charger over winter. TMI seems very busy and I am getting no response on cost to buy a SC from TMI

where else can I buy a SC and tune as a DYI on my A3 K24?

thank you Alan in Michigan

I also ordered wider rear fender from forum member and need to buy some rear fender brackets....same deal not getting a response from TMI where else can I purchase AA3 parts?

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    I dont know on the supercharger option. I see KRaftwerks Home - Kraftwerks and CT Engineering listed as popular supercharger kits CT Engineering - Performance Products for all Acura and Honda Enthusiasts > Home It would probably be helpful to start a list for options.

On the fenders, TMI would have to sell you new brackets if you didnt want to use your existing one. I used my old brackets, removing the old fenders and installing the news ones on them. Then made a spacer to lift and move them to fit over the wider tire.

Here is how I did it
    http://arielatomchat.com/forums/thread93.html
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus4atom View Post
    ...not getting a response from TMI...
    Call them on the phone. email seems hit-or-miss, but they do answer the phone.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Here is a summery of the super charger situation I found:
    Original SC installed on the Atom was the kit by Jackson Racing (stage 1), utilizing Eaton SC components. JR has discontinued the Eaton SC parts and have gone with the Rotrex. TMI is working on this new system available.

As mentioned in a prev post:
    CT Engineering (formerly Comptech Engineering) uses the same Eaton SC components as the JR (difference in the housing and manifold design). The kit made for the 2012-13 Honda Civic Si can be easily adapted to work with the Atom (belt length is different due to the lack of A/C compressor). Flashpro and injectors may be necessary depending on if it's stage 1 or 2.

Craftwerks uses the Rotrex SC and similar is true with adapting the 12-13 Civic Si kit as the CTE kit. This kit will require more modifications due to the location of the SC (cutting of the T tray may be necessary).

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
    Here is a summery of the super charger situation I found:
    Original SC installed on the Atom was the kit by Jackson Racing (stage 1), utilizing Eaton SC components. JR has discontinued the Eaton SC parts and have gone with the Rotrex. TMI is working on this new system available.

As mentioned in a prev post:
    CT Engineering (formerly Comptech Engineering) uses the same Eaton SC components as the JR (difference in the housing and manifold design). The kit made for the 2012-13 Honda Civic Si can be easily adapted to work with the Atom (belt length is different due to the lack of A/C compressor). Flashpro and injectors may be necessary depending on if it's stage 1 or 2.

Craftwerks uses the Rotrex SC and similar is true with adapting the 12-13 Civic Si kit as the CTE kit. This kit will require more modifications due to the location of the SC (cutting of the T tray may be necessary).

For the past 9 months I've been thinking about (and wanting to install) a supercharger kit. Sector111 wants around 10k for the kit including installation (this is the kit from TMI). I've been in contact with ct engineering, since before their kit was even available. I had a chance to get one of the first kits, but it turns out there is no tuning option unless tmi is involved. The ct kit retails for around $4500 (I believe, I gave up on buying the kit a few months ago), which I believe is a very good price. However, when ct engineering told me they couldn't help with the tuning, I stopped pursuing the purchase.

I don't know if anything has changed in the past few months, but I would also be interested in adding the supercharger. I forget the particulars with the tune, but I know that was a big deal. If the tuning issue has been resolved, I know ct engineering would give us a good deal on a few kits.

I was planning on installing it myself, and I believe all the parts needed wouldn't exceed $5000. If anybody else has info on this, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Dbwy; November 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Here is what ct had to say about the tuning:

The biggest problem that we have encountered is going to be the tuning. It appears you may end up having to wire in an AEM F.I.C. unit or another type of EMS. We have been talking with Hondata about these kits. Hondata has looked at the Ariel Atom ECU and unfortunately the new Civic SI Flashpro will not work with the Ariel's ECU. The first and biggest problem, and one that caused progress to come to a screeching halt, is that there is a different immobilizer between the ECU's, so if you plug in a new Civic Flashpro the car won't even start. So, long story short, we can make you a kit that will bolt on to your car but you will more than likely need to figure out a tuning solution.

If anybody has a solution to this, that would be great. Or maybe there is a plug and play option now (this tuning issue was a few months ago). Ct did say they sold a kit to an Atom owner for a k24, but they didn't know how it was going to be tuned.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    I purchased a new K24 Atom last fall and at the time, the supercharger option was not yet available. I was on the on the waiting list and as soon as they had a kit available,(early spring) I took my car back down to TMI to have it installed. TMI also now includes a clutch upgrade as part of the supercharger package.

The Rotrex kit is the one that intrigued me the most, as it likely has the most HP potential. (350-400?)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by md500e View Post
    I purchased a new K24 Atom last fall and at the time, the supercharger option was not yet available. I was on the on the waiting list and as soon as they had a kit available,(early spring) I took my car back down to TMI to have it installed. TMI also now includes a clutch upgrade as part of the supercharger package.

The Rotrex kit is the one that intrigued me the most, as it likely has the most HP potential. (350-400?)

so you got the TMI supercharger option? Can you tell us more about it? The website still lists it as "TBD"

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Yes, I have the TMI factory installed supercharger on my 2013 AA3 and just to confirm, it is the Jackson racing version. I took my car back down to TMI to have it installed back in early May of this year. They even had to pull the engine to install the stronger clutch. I am not sure why TMI has not officially made the option available yet. The torque is quite amazing. It feels more like a V-8 than a little 4. I guess that is why the stock clutch needs to be upgraded as part of the kit.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Thanks, do you know what they updated the clutch to? and Dyno readings on a supercharged car yet? how does it sound? Banshee behind your head?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast