Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Looking for a new home for 2010 Ariel Atom!

  1. #21
    Neutrino MadMaxAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Usually in my shop..
    Posts
    1,583
    Country
    United States
    I'll bet what they have is a certificate of origin,and not a title..big difference.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

  2. #22
    Neutrino
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas...YEE-HAW
    Posts
    1,213
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    I'll bet what they have is a certificate of origin,and not a title..big difference.
    I don't think so based on their wording. The mco would show Brammo, yet they stated they have a title with TMI on it. The mco wouldn't say tmi

  3. #23
    Neutrino MadMaxAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Usually in my shop..
    Posts
    1,583
    Country
    United States
    TMI,as a manufacturer,can legally transfer an MCO into their name from another MCO. So,their name would appear on the document. It would be interesting to see what the document actually is.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

  4. #24
    Neutrino
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas...YEE-HAW
    Posts
    1,213
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    TMI,as a manufacturer,can legally transfer an MCO into their name from another MCO. So,their name would appear on the document. It would be interesting to see what the document actually is.
    what if they weren't a manufacturer until 3 years after they bought the car?

    Car was purchased in September 06, delivered in March 07, TMI didn't start making cars until 2009 or 2010 right?

    PS your pre-edited post was more accurate....TMI wouldn't bother getting a title for a car, there's no reason for them as a company using the car as a tool, to have paid sales tax, right?

  5. #25
    Neutrino MadMaxAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Usually in my shop..
    Posts
    1,583
    Country
    United States
    A certificate of origin can be transferred just like a Title,but only by a class 1 car dealer (a new car dealer) and all Manufacturers are class 1 dealers...so it is possible,even years after the car was manufactured,to be legally tranferred from brammo to TMI,on the original MSO.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

  6. #26
    Proton Terry Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    794
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    A certificate of origin can be transferred just like a Title,but only by a class 1 car dealer (a new car dealer) and all Manufacturers are class 1 dealers...so it is possible,even years after the car was manufactured,to be legally tranferred from brammo to TMI,on the original MSO.
    Another possibility is that TMI got the AAE cars from Brammo with MSOs and simply held onto the paperwork. Since the AAE cars were track-only, they had no need to register them. So TMI may have just passed along the original Brammo MSO. I think someone posted that the seller said they "got it from TMI", but didn't say what "it" was.

    There are certainly some Brammo cars floating around with their original MSOs, with listings saying "never titled".

    By the way, this is one of the things that alerts the DMV that something out of the ordinary is happening - it is very unusual for a retail purchaser to show up at the DMV with a MSO. Many states have a separate "dealer" window for handling new-car transactions. That is also the reason that a used Atom can be easier - buying an out-of-state used car and titling it is a much more common transaction at the retail counter.

    This is a complicated area with at least 51 different variations, so when uncertain it is best to consult a professional (usually an attorney, sometimes a specialist car appraiser) to help you with the process. The DMV should know their own rules, but they don't (at least for the unusual cases).

  7. #27
    Neutrino
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas...YEE-HAW
    Posts
    1,213
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy View Post
    Another possibility is that TMI got the AAE cars from Brammo with MSOs and simply held onto the paperwork. Since the AAE cars were track-only, they had no need to register them. So TMI may have just passed along the original Brammo MSO. I think someone posted that the seller said they "got it from TMI", but didn't say what "it" was.

    There are certainly some Brammo cars floating around with their original MSOs, with listings saying "never titled".

    By the way, this is one of the things that alerts the DMV that something out of the ordinary is happening - it is very unusual for a retail purchaser to show up at the DMV with a MSO. Many states have a separate "dealer" window for handling new-car transactions. That is also the reason that a used Atom can be easier - buying an out-of-state used car and titling it is a much more common transaction at the retail counter.

    This is a complicated area with at least 51 different variations, so when uncertain it is best to consult a professional (usually an attorney, sometimes a specialist car appraiser) to help you with the process. The DMV should know their own rules, but they don't (at least for the unusual cases).

    To clarify, the Dallas seller stated "it's titled as a 2010 from TMI" that's their words which obviously could be a mistake, a lie, or whatever. There have been a minimum of 3 owners of the car, I suspect at least 1 individual in addition to the 3 dealers who have owned it

  8. #28
    Up Quark
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    24
    Country
    United States
    For everyone's knowledge, neither TMI, nor previously Trak Motorsports, have ever titled or provided any title for any Ariel Atom operated or sold within the US or Canada. As North American Ariel Atom manufacturer, TMI has only ever issued an appropriate Certificate of Origin to any purchaser.

    Regards,
    The TMI Team

  9. #29
    Neutrino
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas...YEE-HAW
    Posts
    1,213
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by atomaker View Post
    For everyone's knowledge, neither TMI, nor previously Trak Motorsports, have ever titled or provided any title for any Ariel Atom operated or sold within the US or Canada. As North American Ariel Atom manufacturer, TMI has only ever issued an appropriate Certificate of Origin to any purchaser.

    Regards,
    The TMI Team
    I think we all expected that, but good to hear it from the horses mouth.

  10. #30
    Neutrino MadMaxAtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Usually in my shop..
    Posts
    1,583
    Country
    United States
    ^Yep,I guess that clears it up..probably the original brammo MSO transferred to TMI.
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; December 14, 2013 at 01:50 PM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Time for 73 to go to a new home.
    By Positron in forum US Atoms for Sale
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: August 23, 2013, 11:02 PM
  2. Hello from London: My drive home write-up
    By DonnyMac in forum Welcome New Members! You MUST post here first to activate your account!
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 11, 2012, 04:40 PM
  3. Lap Attack October 10, 2010
    By SaturnV in forum Pacific Northwest
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 10, 2010, 08:33 AM
  4. Lapping Day September 22, 2010
    By SaturnV in forum Pacific Northwest
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 23, 2010, 09:43 AM
  5. Lapping day September 1, 2010
    By Norm in forum Pacific Northwest
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: September 5, 2010, 06:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •