Thread: Greetings - here to learn before buying

Country
    Canada

Greetings - here to learn before buying

Hello Atom owners/enthusiasts.

I'm doing some research on Atoms and am hoping to benefit from the experience of the members here. I've been a life long car enthusiast and track addict. I recently blew the engine of my 911 on track and have decided to go with a more track-hardened/track-purposed car and the Atom is at the top of my list.

Beyond learning more about the various models/configurations, I'm interested in:
    - maintenance commitments
    - driving experiences
    - comparisons to other track cars.

Sadly in Ontario (where I live) the Atom is not street legal. But I'm willing to trailer her to/from the track.
    Cheers,
    Fissile.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    This post pretty much sums up your questions. This is from Eddie who is one of the Atom dealers and owner

http://arielatomchat.com/forums/thre...html#post14246

We had a great time at Hallett Motor Raceway over the weekend with my 2012 Ariel Atom 3 demonstrator. It has the same 300 HP rating as this new 2014 Ariel Atom 3 that I am advertising in this thread.

There were 13 cars entered in the open wheel racecar class, and I finished third in the final with the only car in the bunch with a license plate and two seats. All the other cars were single seat racecars with ground effects, wings, open exhaust, and race tires. As usual, the only thing my Atom needed over the whole weekend, was 93 octane pump gasoline, in this case, about 10 gallons.

I am not familiar with the racecar designations, but there were Formula Mazda, Formula Ford, at least one marked FC, and I'm pretty sure one marked FB, entered. And it appeared to me that most, if not all, were working on their cars between sessions, but my Atom did not need anything other than fuel.

With as many years as I've spent racing, and I've won trophies in each of the last eight decades, I have never had anything, or even seen anything, that was so fast, so competitive, as these Ariel Atoms, with so little maintenance, and so little operating cost. And I can take Ercie with me to the Dairy Queen in it! What a deal!

Eddie
    the high profile toy thrower