Thread: Ram horn header

Neutron
    Country
    United States

Ram horn header

Anyone miss their Ram horn style header that their engine eventually destroyed? Looks like these guys make something very similar. Could be a source for a replacement part

Ecotec Off Road Header Kit - Turn Key Engine Supply

Also noticed they have a billet coolant neck

the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Ecotec Off Road Header Kit - Turn Key Engine Supply
    Why does every manufacturer of headers feel they need to "sculpt" the plate where it mounts to the engine? It makes finding decent gaskets a real pain. The Hytech flangs is probably the worst, as it is completely skeletonized. Neither the stock GM gasket nor the Summit copper gasket seal on it properly. Tom finally made me a custom one out of plasticized graphite sheet (really cool stuff, BTW!).

Country
    United States
    Hmm, mine's been fine since day one. The ram-horn was a terrible, terrible design in terms of power, but I never had an issue with exhaust leaks at the head. The gasket was the simple multi-layer-steel Honda piece.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    I think Randy had his header fail. Someone showed me one with a huge hole it in at one point.
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    Hmm, mine's been fine since day one. The ram-horn was a terrible, terrible design in terms of power, but I never had an issue with exhaust leaks at the head. The gasket was the simple multi-layer-steel Honda piece.
    GM, nomally (unless you're one of the nine). The Brammo head flange was fine. It's the available replacements that don't seal with normal gaskets.

There have been a couple header failures, both chunks blown out and the welds separating. I'm not shure how it would blow chunks , since there wasn't enough stuff in the exhaust can to create any backpressure.