Like Tree1Likes

Thread: interesting windscreen

Neutron
    Country
    United States

interesting windscreen

edit: US distributor: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/brand...e-windshields/

The universal fit ones are the MRA x-creen sport or touring bolt on
    Last edited by bolus; September 17, 2013 at 02:23 PM.
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    That is not a half bad idea, I wonder how well it works? For me I know it would have to be bigger though

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    it looks like it is set up to rotate from to back and up and down. Very cool idea for a movable windscreen

Country
    United States
    Yes, I noticed that too, really a good idea. I hope we can get them to post about it. There are not that many yellow on black, Flying Phil, SpeedMachine, PaulP and me that I know of. I looked at those other three real quick and it didn't look like them. I am sure there are more though.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    its a UK car given the registration number on the bonnet I've been looking this morning for a similar type of hinge. Anyone have a suggestion for a hinge like that? raised and can be put in multiple positions?

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    what I found out while experimenting with mine is the individual seats put you up too high, to where unless you're windscreen is 8-12 inches tall it's just not tall enough to help. (so it needs to be taller than the bubbles)

the design above looks even shorter than the bubbles thus it would be less effective for people with individual seats.

Country
    United States
    Mirroring my thoughts on the height. The bubbles are far too low, but, have a much gentler angle of attack. With a sharp enough angle they might be effective. If you remove the bubbles and install someting like this, the bubble front cowl looks stupid without the bubbles. On top of the bubbles is more where my thinking is

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Mirroring my thoughts on the height. The bubbles are far too low, but, have a much gentler angle of attack. With a sharp enough angle they might be effective. If you remove the bubbles and install someting like this, the bubble front cowl looks stupid without the bubbles. On top of the bubbles is more where my thinking is
    even with the atom 3 gunsight style, they are useless, not tall enough, fwiw

I made these, and they are about 8 inches too short to make any difference at all lol

I also made these which worked better

and these

all of which were designs that I didn't have the skills / tools to make professional looking myself and wasn't willing to spend the money to have them professionally done

nothing beats the full windshield, that was the best money I spent on the atom during my ownership, nothing made my enjoyment of the atom increase as much as the windshield.

Country
    United States
    Yes, I remember these discussions. I am really liking the idea of this on top of the bubbles. I could print a bracket, but, lets see if the information used for these shows up.

Country
    United States
    Bolus, I am posting this on the other forum as I do want to know more

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast