Thread: Atom or Exige

Down Quark
    Country
    United States

Atom or Exige

Any of you guys that owned both or have owned exige in the past, would really appreciate your input. Is the exige as tossable, does it feel as connected, looking for the undiluted raw driving experience. I want a car that's as fun going slow tooling around town as it is going fast. Doing my due diligence right now (reading search) still doesn't hurt to get fresh new perspective. Thanks.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HTA_EVO8 View Post
    Any of you guys that owned both or have owned exige in the past, would really appreciate your input. Is the exige as tossable, does it feel as connected, looking for the undiluted raw driving experience. I want a car that's as fun going slow tooling around town as it is going fast. Doing my due diligence right now (reading search) still doesn't hurt to get fresh new perspective. Thanks.
    I have ridden in an exige on an autocross day...biggest difference is the atom having 5 /6 point belts, versus standard belt, and the atom having no "body" changes the experience completely.

both are fast, I have raced against some modified exige's on track...they were faster than I was...not sure how much modifying their cars had but they were both wearing slicks, I had street tires...that definitely makes a big difference.

With the Exige you get body panels / windshield, a/c and a roof.....some would see that as an advantage, some see it as a drawback, based on what you wrote above I would say it's a drawback.

Lastly it depends on where you live and the climate....how much time will you be able to drive a car that requires relatively good weather to drive....and will that be enough time annually to keep you happy.

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    Never ever been in a roadster before, so this will be open air motoring at its best. I haven't really thought about the climate part of it either, so this car will only be good from about late april to early December, a good 7 mos , I can live with that. The big drawback for me on the exige is the Toyota 1.8L, wish it had the Honda K24.