Thread: Hi Folks

Lurker
    Country
    UK

Hi Folks

Don't currently own an Ariel Atom, but I'm seriously considering getting one. Hopefully I'll get a good idea about the ownership experience from this forum.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by drebin View Post
    Don't currently own an Ariel Atom, but I'm seriously considering getting one. Hopefully I'll get a good idea about the ownership experience from this forum.
    • All too often the Atom gets more attention than a celebrity. This can be fun at times, and annoying at others. Atom's are magnets for car enthusiasts of all kinds. They may try to follow you home just to try and find out what the heck it is.
    • It is ten times more fun to drive an Atom than a technically faster machine because of the open exposure to the elements and the raw unshielded roars and screams of the engine and machine. V-tech in the ears is better than exquisite
    • music.
    • Maintenance for track events and daily driving is relatively inexpensive compared to other high performance cars. Much more so.
    • They feels safe, like you've strapped into a tank like suit of armor.
    • Bad weather means leave the Atom in the garage... or if you have to drive, make some very intense memories.
    • Little kids think you are a super hero because of your car.
    • If you have a child (like I do) expect frequent requests for joy rides.
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Bad weather means leave the Atom in the garage... or if you have to drive, make some very intense memories.
    Indeed:

When somebody asks me what happens when it rains, I say "You know why they call 'em "bucket" seats, right?"

But on the good days, you can have memories like this: