Thread: Hello from Alaska!!!

n00b
    Country
    United States

Lightbulb Hello from Alaska!!!

Thread is very old and not relevant. Please delete.
    Last edited by bryanearl; February 4, 2019 at 01:26 PM.

Country
    United States
    I grew up in Anchorage. Got to be honest, can't imagine an Atom on their roads. It would be nice to drive under the midnight sun though ... OK that would be really cool

n00b
    Country
    United States
    I think it would do good if I stick to the main roads. I imagine the drive from Anchorage to Fairbanks or from Anchorage to Seward would be just incredible on a nice day. Of course, I would love to take it to the track as well!

Country
    United States
    My memory of the road to Seward was seeing the back of a Winnebago ... Pretty much every time my family was on it. Those suckers hibernate in caves all winter and just plug the roads in the three months of spring-summer-fall I am going to date myself now, as my memory of the Alcan was not a road for an Atom, it was a road for a truck. Things do change and I have heard that it is all paved and big sections no longer sink into the swamp.

If you get your Atom up there I will be jealous of you for once out of the Municipality of Anchorage, it can be desolate and fun. There was a group in the early eighties that used to run the street race through Anchorage for Fur Rondy, did they ever build that track they were collecting money for? Memory says that it was out near Wasilla

n00b
    Country
    United States
    Yes, there is a great new track right outside of Palmer. It's called Alaska Raceway Park. They take really good care of it and it is in the most beautiful location ever. I found the picture below (can not take credit for it), and it shows perfectly how awesome it is.

Country
    United States
    No road course? Bummer, that was the plan back then.

n00b
    Country
    United States

Question

Very old and not relevant. Please delete thread.
    Last edited by bryanearl; February 4, 2019 at 01:27 PM.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanearl View Post
    So, a little off topic here, but who would I talk to in order to get permission to make a post in the "General Forums" area about our FundAnything campaign to buy an Atom? I do not want to step on anyone's toes or appear that I am just spamming.
    There arent a whole lot of us here on this site, so I doubt you'll get much support. Plus $140,000 is more than pretty much anyone here has paid for their Atom. So it would probably be a hard sell to get people to donate for fun. Several of us mortgaged houses or forego retirement savings or got 6 year car loans to be able to own an Atom.
    the high profile toy thrower

n00b
    Country
    United States
    Very old and not relevant. Please delete thread.
    Last edited by bryanearl; February 4, 2019 at 01:27 PM.