Thread: Drove Gallardo and F430 back to back

Lepton
    Country
    United States

Drove Gallardo and F430 back to back

You might have seen the ads for Gotham Dream Cars on Groupon, etc. They charge $100 to drive a Gallardo or F430 on an autocross course. I drove both cars yesterday, and it was well worth it. You get 3 laps with an instructor in the passenger seat. You could go over 100 mph on the straight and slam on the brakes. After your drive, they give you a photo CD with about a dozen photos of you driving the car and standing next to it. Considering the alternative options for driving these cars (like renting one for $1000+ per day), this was a great deal. It was also much better organized than the F1 ride I took which cost almost $1000.

The Gallardo really wasn't very exciting to drive. It didn't feel as fast as the F430, and it wanted to understeer. I felt like I couldn't push it as hard in corners for fear of hitting cones. The downshifts sounded great though. The F430 was just much better to drive. $120k for a used F430 almost seems reasonable.

They also had an LP560-4 Spyder that you could upgrade to for an additional $75. I didn't see much point in that, but I've read that they sometimes have a 458 Italia available as an upgrade.
    "You little punk bitch." -Wade Huisman, Keizer Wheels

Country
    United States
    I've never sat in either but I've always found the F430 to be very attractive.

Thanks for the report, RD.