Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My current restoration of the brammo "mule" car

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    The GM F40 transmission is stronger than the F35 in the ecotec based Atom. it can take a little more torque since it was mated with the V6 in the Pontiac. Actually the the "40" part of F40 means it is rated up to 400 Nm while the F35 means up to 350 Nm of torque. First gear in the F35 can only take like 100 ft lbs.

Dont know if the extra 50 Nm (37 ft lbs) is worth the hassle.
    the high profile toy thrower

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    I'm stuck on what to do really. My car makes over 650whp on race gas on 32psi. I don't want to keep doing this.

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    doesn't sound very useable to me, that's why I was aiming for the 450rwhp mark, and then focus on traction control and making the power delivery very linear, perhaps switch up to a boost controller with more intelligence such as gear or speed based boost control

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    It's very useable. It only makes that power at high boost (32psi) and c16. I have a eboost 2. Which also has boost by gear setup on it. The car makes exactly what you think is useable. 450whp on 93 octane at 19psi. Let me tell you something. You are in for a surprise. The best the car will ever drive is at 300whp on small autocross courses. And 375 on large road courses. Anything higher is just too much. I have a overtake button though for long straightaways. Raises the boost as long as you hold it. Just for when you need to pass that damn twin turbo gallardo that gives you hell on the straights. Lol

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Civette View Post
    It's very useable. It only makes that power at high boost (32psi) and c16. I have a eboost 2. Which also has boost by gear setup on it. The car makes exactly what you think is useable. 450whp on 93 octane at 19psi. Let me tell you something. You are in for a surprise. The best the car will ever drive is at 300whp on small autocross courses. And 375 on large road courses. Anything higher is just too much. I have a overtake button though for long straightaways. Raises the boost as long as you hold it. Just for when you need to pass that damn twin turbo gallardo that gives you hell on the straights. Lol
    very cool, i will investigate the eboos2, that's exactly what I was looking to get configured for passing on straights, and yes 19psi was about where i felt was the upper limit of what is useable on a curvy course, not being a professional race driver

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123