Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pics of Atom - the former Darth Chicken Atom

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    burgundy masking tape, I think you can buy just about any color Duck tape
    For an Atom you should use Nuclear Grade duct tape...

Funny story - this tape has an expiration date on it, and when I bought some rolls a few years ago from Amazon, I complained that it was out-of-date, and they told me to keep it and they'd refund my money.

And no, the "Nuclear" in the part number description isn't just for show - if you click on the datasheet link, you get: "Ideal for demanding duct tape applications in the nuclear power plant, ship
    building and stainless steel fabrication industries."

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    This took TMI a year to rebuild is that correct?

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    This took TMI a year to rebuild is that correct?
    Negative.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jid View Post
    Negative.
    oops, what was the deal on the rebuild?

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States
    oops, what was the deal on the rebuild?
    I spun around at Barber on the one lap that you can mess up on. 80+mph and hit the wall. TMI dusted off an old A2 frame back-half as well as the old jigs that they got in the acquisition. Fortunately I didn't hit it at 90+ because if i had it would have been a total. In fact, if this wasn't an A2 it might have been. But I wanted it fixed. So TMI did the frame and DDMWorks did the disassembly and reassembly as well as several updates to the car beyond what it was originally. The biggest delay was that the wheels selected came from Japan and didn't fit when they arrived. So those got sent back and a new set was sent. But it never actually got here. Ended up with a full refund on that and 2 sets of rims now.

DDMWorks did an awesome job on the build (including a few surprises which i was happy to receive) and I'm driving the heck out of the car any warm day i can!

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    I spun around at Barber on the one lap that you can mess up on. 80+mph and hit the wall. TMI dusted off an old A2 frame back-half as well as the old jigs that they got in the acquisition. Fortunately I didn't hit it at 90+ because if i had it would have been a total. In fact, if this wasn't an A2 it might have been. But I wanted it fixed. So TMI did the frame and DDMWorks did the disassembly and reassembly as well as several updates to the car beyond what it was originally. The biggest delay was that the wheels selected came from Japan and didn't fit when they arrived. So those got sent back and a new set was sent. But it never actually got here. Ended up with a full refund on that and 2 sets of rims now.

DDMWorks did an awesome job on the build (including a few surprises which i was happy to receive) and I'm driving the heck out of the car any warm day i can!
    Any post crash, pre-rebuild pics?

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRizzo View Post
    Any post crash, pre-rebuild pics?
    Do you have any naked pictures of your wife or girlfriend you can post first?

While I do appreciate the culture of wanting to see carnage, I'm not posting any pics of the wreck. In person, I can show where the frame was cut to re-weld, but crash pics would not be appropriate.

the wife/GF comment is pure sarcasm, BTW. I don't actually want to see. I'm sure there could be a forum for that if someone did though.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States

Glad you saved it and sounds like DDMWorks is Atom heaven!

do you like the new seats?

I have the individual sparcos, Love em, I'm guessing it was something you wanted to do and just threw it in there during the rebuild?

Ion
    Country
    United States

I have the individual sparcos, Love em, I'm guessing it was something you wanted to do and just threw it in there during the rebuild?
    I've got pictures...but I will just have to keep them to myself since JD wants his girl to be private!

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States

I'd ordered the seats shortly before the incident and they had arrived the day before the track day. So it made sense to put them in during the rebuild. I'd have put them in regardless. The seat is about 3/4" higher than the molded original so my 6'0" self noticed the new seating position immediately. But I do like them. Quite a bit!

Yes, DDMWorks did a fantastic job. Can't say enough good things about them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12