Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rijowysock

Thread: Ariel Atom Owners, Lend me your ears!...

Banned
    Country
    United States

Ariel Atom Owners, Lend me your ears!...

as some might have noticed, recently I listed my Ariel Atom 3 for sale (just on a few sites, (lotustalk, here and rennlist))... and I got a great response but MOST if not all buyers are under the impression that value is based on what they feel it is worth, and that "the ones on ebay aren't selling" so on and so forth..

my post here is to tell you that I sold the Ariel for FULL ASKING to a dealership (who then obviously feels they will make a good profit on it)... so in other words... stay firm on your pricing and you WILL get it... remember that the vehicle is VERY rare, takes a while to order up/delivery and above all is VERY (almost impossibly) difficult to register (the main selling point for a used vehicle versus them ordering new).

in total on 3 sites alone i had about 50 interested parties (none from this forum ironically)... I then had 2 brokers i do work with frequently offer the car out to some big exotic dealers and one jumped at the chance, having recently just sold one.. (sold my vehicle and signed an agreement on price within 2 hours of contacting them)

Unique Vehicle, Unique group of owners... i will SURELY be back in an Atom down the road (waiting to see what time brings as far as engine output and future changes).. was an amazing vehicle but needed a change for the short term.

so again, if selling your Atom, Hold firm on pricing... because the parties interested do not have many options as with other exotic vehicles where a surplus exist.. or they can pick and choose the color of their dreams..

-Riley
    Dbwy likes this.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Well put! And I'm glad you got your price!

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I must ask, why would a dealer pay the full price? Are they planning on putting a mark up above the retail price of the atom? That would put the price at what, $80K or more?

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
    I must ask, why would a dealer pay the full price? Are they planning on putting a mark up above the retail price of the atom? That would put the price at what, $80K or more?
    don't know for sure. but the market is good.. i have been stopped by people in 500k-2MM vintage cars demanding details and just wanted the vehicle because of how much of a pure sports car it was..

as i said not even one interested party from the ariel forums, so it shows you that the people willing to pay the price are not spending their days researching them and just "want" it.. theirs tons of money in the world and just want things.

retail price means absolutely nothing when it comes to atoms.... it all comes down to personal taste and availability of funds.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    If anything, the Atom is good advertising for foot traffic to get people into more typical cars like GT3s and 360s and stuff...

JP
    2011 Ariel Atom Not Supercharged
    2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged