Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ariel china ???

Ion
    Country
    United States
    I for one, have seen said chassis up close.
    The similarities are few and the differences are many.
    There is no provisionsns for inboard suspension, the frame shape is shorter and diferently shaped, the major upper cross tube where wind foils are monted is exstreamly different.
    (and looks a bit ugly)

I am neither supporting the sale of these, nor am I damning said sale.
    Too many folks have an opinion based on hear-say.
    The Ariel Atom is a perfectly ripe Apple, while the Chinese unit is an unripe mis-sharpen Orange.

This is just my opinion based on my own observations, and everyone has a right to their opinion.
    If you don't like what I have said, I don't have a problem with that, Nor do I care !

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmac View Post
    I for one, have seen said chassis up close.
    The similarities are few and the differences are many.
    There is no provisionsns for inboard suspension, the frame shape is shorter and diferently shaped, the major upper cross tube where wind foils are monted is exstreamly different.
    (and looks a bit ugly)

I am neither supporting the sale of these, nor am I damning said sale.
    Too many folks have an opinion based on hear-say.
    The Ariel Atom is a perfectly ripe Apple, while the Chinese unit is an unripe mis-sharpen Orange.

This is just my opinion based on my own observations, and everyone has a right to their opinion.
    If you don't like what I have said, I don't have a problem with that, Nor do I care !
    Unless you saw a different one, it certainly looks like it has mount points for inboard suspension

the high profile toy thrower

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Unless you saw a different one, it certainly looks like it has mount points for inboard suspension

More to the point Bolus

$(KGrHqVHJEIFEk-E5L6gBRNTO5nnL!~~60_3.JPG

and

$(KGrHqRHJEsFEw0qQBJlBRNTOJJrwQ~~60_3.JPG

pdxmac, Havok and I helped DP unpack it, so went spent about 3 hours crawling all over it. There are some legitimately goofy things on it, but the suspension isn't one of them.

For those who may not know, there were numerous variations in Atom chassis during the Brammo production run as well. All the major points (main structure, chassis pickup points, etc., stayed the same, but many features changed. The radiator was relocated from ahead of the front bulkhead tubes to behind them, the under dash superstructure went from tubular to a cnc cut plate, roll bar design evolved, etc. many brackets and mounting provisions changed and evolved. some changes were meant to improve the product, some to ease assembly, some to reduce cost. in total, more than fifty observable changes in the chassis weldment alone. The forward engine cover, cowl panel, bonnet and air intake cover from my 2006 Atom were not interchangeable with those on my 2007. All the chassis & suspension parts however, we're completely interchangeable between the two cars. I was told by the factory that the suspension geometry has remained unchanged since the earliest Atom 2 to the Atom 3. I don't know if it has evolved since then.
    Rogers, Arkansas
    My Atoms are gone to new homes ...

Electron
    Country
    United States
    For what it's worth, I don't believe Altra Imports will be selling these replicas any more.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678