Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ariel china ???

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by havok1919 View Post
    And just another datapoint that FrankRizzo (Lord and Master of Google searches) found:

【Altra Imports Inc., Altra Imports Inc. trading partners, main products, latest transactions】- Greatexportimport.com

Pretty much clears that up.
    interesting what's available online. The ship that carried the container is in the East China sea right now.
    Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions

Voyage took 10 days -
    ????????????? ????? - Cargo.ge
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    "Curiously, the fellow that replied is named 'Dennis', which would seem to be pretty coincidental-- except that the phone number provided is also Palatov's."

So..is the mysterious importer/Ebay seller of Chinese Atom replica "kits" Palatov Motorsports???

Say it ain't so!! If this is all on the up and up,why wouldn't they use their regular Ebay account?
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; March 5, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Atommatt View Post
    Hale Frankrizzo the google master
    He he he! Just the normal searching that I do on anything. I think between Bolus and I, we can find about anything.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    TMI AutoTech, Inc. - Statement to the Legitimate North American Ariel Atom Owner/Buyer Community:

The specific subject vehicles currently being offered on eBay clearly represent non-conforming, untested, potentially unsafe & otherwise partially manufactured Chinese Atoms. There are numerous valid reasons that Ariel China is no longer authorized to manufacture Atoms for sale within China. The company was never authorized to export and/or sell any such partial or complete vehicles to any other market.

Regardless of any other legal remedies available to TMI in this matter, any US importation, representation, sale or purchase of these particular vehicles, regardless of how described or characterized, is considered by TMI AutoTech, Inc. to be unauthorized and infringing upon TMIs legitimately licensed & authorized rights as exclusive North American manufacturer, distributor & seller of Ariel Atoms.

Accordingly, buyers beware: No North American parts, service or tech. support whatsoever would be provided by TMI, or Ariel Motor, to any buyer/owner of these unauthorized vehicles.

The existence of this flagrant deception by the named US importer/seller could potentially serve to diminish the image, prestige, exclusivity & potential value of your vehicles. In that regard, we would strongly urge all existing Ariel Atom owners to express their individual and/or collective displeasure in this matter directly to the named importer/seller and/or the involved principals.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    OK, so what we have here is a gray market chassis made by the ex-Chinese manufacturer.

I noticed that it said it was tooled for a K20A, but Atoms now use the K24.

Is there a chance that this is the manufacturer just trying to clear out his inventory?
    The automotive equivalent of a "lost our lease" sale?

: popcorn :

Country
    United States
    If they lost their lease, they can sell them in China and not pollute our market with cars that may not fit our parts and other concerns

Country
    United States
    No,not a grey market item. This is BLACK market..as in unauthorized..contraband...and potentially dangerous to use,period. If TMI says it's bogus,it's bogus.

Anyone involved in the marketing/soliciting etc. of this item should hang their heads in shame and then be prosecuted. Pretty pathetic,really.
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; March 7, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    No,not a grey market item. This is BLACK market..as in illegal..immoral..and potentially dangerous to use,period.

Anyone involved in the marketing/soliciting etc. of this counterfeit item should hang their heads in shame and be prosecuted. That's my stand.
    Haha, you realize it is china right? their way of life?

sector: 4 likes this.
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    "..you realize it is china right?"

I could probably excuse them if they were making fakes and selling them to their own countrymen...

...... no,actually,I still can't. Besides..the people in the USA handling the fakes on US soil should have the scruples to give a shit about what is right and wrong.

I guess I am from a different time,when honesty in business meant something good...
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; March 5, 2013 at 06:29 PM.

Country
    United States
    So when they sell them at Harbor Freight, will the 20% off coupon work and get one of those little flashlights?
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast