Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ariel china ???

Country
    United States
    Last I checked..this wasn't China...
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    If this is from Ariel China, they have a license to make them in China. I have no idea if they can sell them in the US but I would guess not.
    So they are an official manufacturer still I believe.
    Oooh... Hope Ariel UK's lawyers thought through all the angles-- if a licensee is restricted from selling the *car* outside their licensed market they might not be restricted from selling all the *parts* of the car. I sent an email last night asking if there was one available locally (Portland) for inspection. No reply yet. I wouldn't mind having a local source for a couple fiberglass parts.

Living here and having spent some time nosing around the industrial area where Altra Imports address is, the building in the photos wouldn't be the typical Portland space-- that PMMA/Epoxy floor and large pane windows that slide open aren't the style in that area. (Mostly old tilt-slab cement or ancient construction with small pane/iron 'waffle' type windows down there.) Google street view doesn't show anything that'd be a match vs. Altra's address either.

FrankRizzo did a quick Google and Altra Imports seems to be Tristan Lewis' shop.

Altra Imports LLC, Portland, OR, Business - Import-And-Export

LinkedIn:

Tristan Lewis
    Owner at Lewis Fabrication LLC
    Portland, Oregon Area Automotive
    Current: Lewis Fabrication LLC, Palatov Motorsport LLC
    Previous: Porteon Electric Vehicles, Inc., Autohaus Bayern, Stohr Cars LLC

-Clay

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Well there you go, the ad tells it all. Import and export.

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    If its from china then the AA3 FB glass parts might not fit. The Quarter turns will be in the wrong locations.

Ion
    Country
    United States
    And just another datapoint that FrankRizzo (Lord and Master of Google searches) found:

【Altra Imports Inc., Altra Imports Inc. trading partners, main products, latest transactions】- Greatexportimport.com

Pretty much clears that up.

Country
    United States
    So, ... does this mean that we have a new source for cheap brake pads and nuts?

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Hale Frankrizzo the google master

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Ssshhh be vary,vary quite !!!!

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So, ... does this mean that we have a new source for cheap brake pads and nuts?
    The Atom frame is just the brake pad and nut holder for transport. You throw that out when you get your pads. just a fancy shipping container.
    the high profile toy thrower

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Just heard back from my eBay inquiry. They have two kits in crates locally, one is open and available for inspection. Curiously, the fellow that replied is named 'Dennis', which would seem to be pretty coincidental-- except that the phone number provided is also Palatov's.

[Edit: that makes sense actually... The pictures on eBay also show two silver chassis, one clearly getting ready for shipping. I'll wager a guess that the photos are the ones the factory sent them to show the items being shipped.]
    Last edited by havok1919; March 5, 2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: two chassis in photos, two crates in PDX... Hmmm.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast