Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie - Can I fit comfortably in an Atom?

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DoninDEN View Post
    I have a 911 that I love and have tracked it during Porsche Club DE days and one of the members on 6speedonline offered his Ariel Atom for sale. After seeing Top Gear's review I really began appreciating how much fun it would be to have one and be able to run it to the track or through the Colorado mountains on the weekends.

I am curious if I could even fit in an Atom. I'm 6'3" and a big guy and I don't fit in Lotus or Cobras, Ferrari's are tight and that's how I was fortunate to gravitate to my 911. I feel in love with an amazing remanufacture Cobra but looked like a Shriner in it. How tight are the Atoms? I want to be comfortable and don't want to feel like 10lbs of sausage in a 5lb sack.

Thanks!

Don

my father is 6'7" and 270, and fit fine passenger side... unfortunately with his hips he could not get into the drivers side. but the seat fitment was fine.. from that point it's all about being flexible.. the seat goes WAYYYYY back. shouldn't have any worries..

the 6speed car from texas was sold im 99% sure... is that the vehicle you are thinking of?
    Last edited by rijowysock; January 5, 2013 at 04:06 PM.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbwy View Post
    I just have the stock single molded seat in my 2012 aa3. He only rode as a passenger. Maybe as a driver it would have been tight, I guess I didnt really think about it. Maybe I'll stay out of this discussion then However, I can tell you I've had passengers 6'3" and 6'4" and they were fine...and loved every minute of the ride...
    At no point did I mean to chase you off. I meant no harshness. Since you have an AA3, can you tell me what the seating options have been? The early ones had a fairly flimsy seat that I was under the impression was revised. Can you provide some measurements?

Also, I don't think driver height is the condition, I sit higher than anyone I have seen, 6'3" with tall torso and well fed. My head is above the top of the hoop in the bench, it is worse in the Sparco's or Recaro's as they sit higher. On that note it would be interesting if the AA3 seats are the same height as an individual seated AA2? Maybe we should add a dimension from the top center of roll hoop to the center of the seat all the way back. Measuring the height above floor pan would be very hard for the rest of you (I would just query the scan cloud)

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Yeah, no worries, I didn't take it personally. I just realized that yeah, driver and passenger are 2 totally different things. My friend may have had a difficult time if he tried to drive it.

If I get time today I'll take some seat measurements and post them...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12