Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jid
  • 3 Post By nismo1534

Thread: Stereo for my Atom

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States

Stereo for my Atom

This summer I'm wanting to put a some what small stereo system into my Atom by using my Smart phone, but with out the weight of a head unit, I think I might have found the answer. Small, light weight, remote controled, this might be the ticket.

PXi50.2 | KICKER

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    I would look into motorcycle stuff. I could run an ipod through the autocomm intercom into the headphones in the helmet. It wasnt that great but worked.
    the high profile toy thrower

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Still searching for a unit like this but with bluetooth 2.0 input so there is no need to plug the device in ( I hate messing with wires especially in a car like to atom at highway speeds).

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Autocomm has a bluetooth accessory. Mine is 6 years old so I dont really know much about the new stuff. This is all for a headset in a helmet though.

Autocom - Bluetooth Systems
    the high profile toy thrower

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I am familiar with the bike gear, unfortunately they are all used for headsets. Some modern day head units in regular cars does have the capability but most are just BT1.0 used for hands free and not music. Haven't seen an aftermarket unit made like the OP unit (all weather) with BT 2.0 capability yet.

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone found a good solution for the sound system w Bluetooth ?

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States
    I put a shark audio 2000w amp in the car just in front of the shifter. An 8" fairly flat planet audio powered sub is in the passenger footwell (800w). 4 4" kicker black mini wake tower marine speakers with mounts are on the roll bars. I'm not at home so i don't have pics but this set-up is pretty bad-ass. I can hear the stereo nicely over the engine at 55-65mph. Over that, not so much.

I've wanted to upgrade the head to something more powerful but never got around to playing with

the MTX stuff which is probably the next step. The shark amp isn't great but it has an FM tuner (which i never use), an AUX input, and most importantly the Bluetooth.

A big amp in the atom may be against some people's religions but me and the GF absolutely love it! I'll post pics over the weekend when i'm back home.
    garyicars likes this.

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    I wanted something in the Atom that was small, easy to install, and Bluetooth-controlled. Here's what I went with:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-pijdqs...ss-MC600B.html

It's good when you're parked or at low speeds. Anything above 50-60mph and you cannot hear it.

Last edited by nismo1534; March 18, 2018 at 11:47 AM.
    2/3rdsCobra, garyicars and Bravo25 like this.

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    u have pic?