Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: My LNF Atom 3 Turbo Build project

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    I dont know any more than what DP posted when it was for sale. For some reason I thought your bought an Atom 3, threw away the honda and were putting in the LNF. I forgot you bought that one.
    the high profile toy thrower

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    It is a 3, but just a rolling chassis. It looked like it never had a motor mounted so I guess I could have put the Honda motor back in it, but that would have been to easy so I figured lets try something different like putting this LNF motor in it that I had and be the first one ever , what the hell ,why not ,lets be different . I'm off to a fricken pretty good start so far, I should be on the road by the spring or at least on a Dyno getting tuned . Then building some BOOST for summer .

Country
    United States
    on the LNF, ....

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Bolus, what kind of Boost are you making with your set up,? 20 lbs , in that range some were Just wondering how it hold together. Can you break the tires in 3rd at all.

Country
    United States
    Bolus has a fully built motor. Boost can be a wonderful thing,or a disaster. Make sure when you do your dyno tuning that you monitor exhaust gas temps as air/fuel ratio numbers alone will not guarantee safety. Both the LSJ and the LNF Ecotecs use cast pistons, and GM recommends HP numbers stay under the 300hp level for a very good reason.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Atommatt View Post
    Bolus, what kind of Boost are you making with your set up,? 20 lbs , in that range some were Just wondering how it hold together. Can you break the tires in 3rd at all.
    15 psi at waste gate pressure. That's 350 crank HP if I remember correctly. Though we did have a boost controller malfunction and it hit 350 whp (that's like 420 crank) on one run. The boost controller ended up being wired incorrectly on the first tuning session so we left it off and tuned for the 15 psi. When I went back after fixing the boost controller the clutch exploded on the Dyno so never got to run it out at max boost.

I did rods, pistons, valves, valve springs, removed balance shafts, meth injection, injectors, fuel pump, return flow fuel. So im overbuilt for 15 psi right now.
    the high profile toy thrower

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I was chatting with Turbo Tim over at ZZP he was was saying that LNF loves E85 and can make big power on it by changing out the fuel pump and the , lobe , I'll have to look into it. I haven't got a reply back on what internals I need to replace to make this big power. How much is BIG power . I dont want to much ,the stock motor already makes 260 ftlbs torque . With a 295 rear the thing going to spin probability anyways so we'll see. I'm thinking 15 - 20 lbs on this set up...There is a night and day difference between the two engines . This guy in this video has a stock motor , ZZP tune,race clutch, larger turbo putting down 411whp and 375 torque with a (canned) tune 25lbs of boost. pretty cool. Hey thanks MMA for the advice on watching exhaust temp . I appreciate it. Here is a helpful link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sgQoM2MUfQ

ZZPerformance | ZZP | 3800 Performance Parts | Series 2 3800 | m90 Eaton | v6 3800

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I spent the weekend getting the car ready for sand blasting and power coating. Now it's ready to go, I just need to load it up and ship it out . They should have it for about a week . They will blast it with a fine sand type media so that the frame doesnt get damaged, and then power coated with a layer 3 or 4 thousands thick of coating. :cool

my frame1.jpg
    Last edited by Atommatt; February 17, 2018 at 06:33 AM.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Make sure to remove the steering shaft bushings just behind the steering wheel! I have to get new ones now lol

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Is there any special way of getting those bushings out of there? I noticed that they were in there pretty good.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast