Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self canceling signals. (Told someone here has developed some)

Banned
    Country
    United States

Self canceling signals. (Told someone here has developed some)

can someone please advise me the easiest way to get/install self canceling indicator switch? i assume the switch cancels after a certain amount of time because steering input cancellation would be near impossible to do?

i find myself always leaving the signal on because i'm not use to it not canceling and also it's much easier to turn on with one finger than cancel with 2 fingers and removing hand from steering wheel.

Banned
    Country
    United States
    edit:

lol. i see that bolus designed something... the wiring schematic looks complicated but maybe half those wires are already in the dash?

Bolus: can i fly you to tampa for a weekend and purchase the parts and you help me out? i already spend 4 hours diagnosing and fixing a wiring problem with my week old AA3 (left brake light wiring qualm)... my back cant take anymore hunching over.

Country
    United States
    You might be looking for this thread http://arielatomchat.com/forums/thread611.html

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You might be looking for this thread http://arielatomchat.com/forums/thread611.html
    i think bolus had a different one? i dont need the steering cancel.. just want a self centering switch with a short click and long click option (and a longer switch, black plastic toggle end maybe... so can flick with hands on wheel)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Havok made his own which is a lot nicer, I just wired up one made for a motorcycle. I dont know the the Atom 3 has the same wiring as the Atom 2 but it is probably the same.

The wiring is pretty easy. The turn signal switch on the car has a wire for the flasher, and then left and right wires. You disconnect the center flasher and hook the left and right wires to the left and right input on the new turn signal box. and then run power an ground wire.
    the high profile toy thrower

Ion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Havok made his own which is a lot nicer, I just wired up one made for a motorcycle. I dont know the the Atom 3 has the same wiring as the Atom 2 but it is probably the same.

The wiring is pretty easy. The turn signal switch on the car has a wire for the flasher, and then left and right wires. You disconnect the center flasher and hook the left and right wires to the left and right input on the new turn signal box. and then run power an ground wire.
    FrankRizzo here on the forums came over last night and helped me make up a batch of cables for my auto-cancel adapters, so I should have half a dozen or so available for the Atom 2 before Christmas. I haven't ordered production revision circuit boards for the Atom 3 style sensors yet, but the prototype's been running for a full year on a car down in CA without any issues. (The A3 mounting is annoying just because there's no nearby bolt to secure it in place like on the A2, so it takes a little piece of double-stick tape and/or a zip tie.)

Assuming my 3D printer shows up next spring I'll get around to making a more plug-n-play mount for the A3-- I'm thinking just an open 'collar' that snaps around the tube steel would work. Maybe Norm can be cajoled in to designing something up and sticking it on ShapeWays.

-Clay

Country
    United States
    If it is needed, I will do it, it does not sound very hard

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Count me in for a set , those would make a great addition on my 3 Pm me when your ready.

Country
    United States
    Clay, does the picture show the correct tube? What size bolt hole, 1/4"?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Country
    United States
    If so here is what I am thinking that you are talking about Ariel Atom mid tube 1/4" bolt by NormL on Shapeways

1.5" wide base covering 100 of arc, 1/4" bolt hole with a 4mm flange
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Norm; December 2, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast