Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to measure ride height on a SRA?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 5qf3764b View Post
    I will likely be running on the member day out there Friday the 7th if you can make it out. Just let me know. Motorsport Ranch 1.3 Mile Road Course
    Yes, I would definitely be interested! What would be the procedure for non-members to attend? It sounds like several atoms may attend the eagle's canyon track day on saturday. How many of us would be invited to the Motorsport Ranch on friday?

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    Yes, I would definitely be interested! What would be the procedure for non-members to attend? It sounds like several atoms may attend the eagle's canyon track day on saturday. How many of us would be invited to the Motorsport Ranch on friday?
    Technically the rules say I can only have one guest out, but usually they don't care. Just no guarantees I can get more out. You have to sign a waiver and have a fire suit (they rent them out if you dont have one) and a helmet and that's about it. It's $22 per 30 minute session. We can usually get in 5-6 sessions in per day depending on what other catogories are running. Motorcycles and open wheelers run in different groups although the Atoms can run with the open wheelers too. I prefer to stick with the sports cars. The OW guys are typically testing when they are out while the SC crowd are typically just having fun.

Particle
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Tires are the defining element in how much performance you can get out of any car. I have tried many many many sizes and compounds of tires on my Atom(s) over the years and have settled on the FA Hoosiers. I like the FA Hoosiers as the weather in New England is usually on the cool side,and the FA tires heat up very well,even with track temps in the "high" 20's (fahrenheit) I have my Atom(s) set up to get the most out of the FA tires,with Palatov bellcranks and pushrods,revalved shocks,heavier springs,aggressive alignment. I get an honest 100% traction at 6 full track days out of the rears (flipping them every event) and 10 full days out of the fronts (which then see duty on the rear of my Focus from Hell) I can buy an almost new (scrubs) set of FA tires for $300,including shipping,so it is a no-brainer for me. The rims are Keizers..very light..kinda expensive at $450/wheel..but as long as you don't hit anything,they have proven to be perfect.
    I would think an SRA on A6's would be quite the track weapon. Some day,I hope to get down to VIR and run with some of the SRA Atoms,just for kicks. It looks like a fun series!
    Mind if I ask where you source the FA tires? Also where did you pick up the Keizers and what size? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12