Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas track day in december anyone?

Country
    United States

Lightbulb Texas track day in december anyone?

Once again (2013) I'm planning to spend some holiday time in central texas, and I'm looking for a good excuse to bring the atom along. I know there are a bunch of atom owners in the area and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in getting together for a track day. Last year I went to both Eagle canyon and Motorsport ranch outside of dallas and was able to meet 3 other atom owners. There are a few other tracks in the area, but I think some of them are pretty involved with paperwork for outsiders (driveway austin) while eagle canyon is pretty laid back like hallett. I'm open to ideas if you locals know some good tracks to try... Has anyone been to the F1 track? If that is available and would spur some interest that might be a good way to get some atoms together!
    Last edited by McFred; October 15, 2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: 2013 trip!

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    I'm planning to spend some holiday time in central texas, and I'm looking for a good excuse to bring the atom along. I know there are a bunch of atom owners in the area and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in getting together for a track day. Eagle canyon outside of dallas has a charity track day on december 8th. Cost is only $50 per driver, a new unwrapped toy, and 2 non perishable foods. How does that sound to people? There are a few other tracks in the area, but I think some of them are pretty involved with paperwork for outsiders (driveway austin) while eagle canyon is pretty laid back like hallett. I'm open to ideas if you locals know a good track to try... Think the new F1 track would be open by december? That would be pretty cool!

Robert (atom 3) Myself and possibly Robert's friend (atom 2 ) will be there

Country
    United States
    sweet.

Country
    United States
    I am planning to make the event at Eagles Canyoin Dec. 8th, hopefully with my 2007 Ariel Atom II, with all the upgrades finally ready to test, after a LONG, LONG time in the building and waiting on machine work.

Eddie
    Last edited by FourFather; November 12, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    I would love to go to this to meet some of the owners, however I have already promised to fly out of town that weekend to visit my sister. You all have a great time and hopefully I'll catch the next event.

Country
    United States

trackday

This is this weekend! Hope to see everyone there.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    ahh I kept meaning to get back to this thread, I won't be able to make it, my dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few weeks ago and he had surgery last week, so I have relocated to austin to help him out. I actually am coming back to Dallas this weekend but I will only be there to get my house in order as I left in a rush. Sorry for the late notice, I hope y'all have fun, I may run out to the track to say hi, but, spending my whole day there would leave me worn out!

Country
    United States
    Ouch, hope your dad gets better soon. Don't sweat the trackday, family first.

Country
    United States
    What a fun weekend! I got to meet some fellow atom owners and try out two new tracks! Special thanks to 5qf3764b. Motorsport ranch was a very fun track, and it was probably about the highest speeds I've cornered the atom at. There was a lot of nice hardware there too. Eagles canyon was pretty busy, but it was a very affordable way to experience the track and meet a lot of cool people. There was a whole range of cars from race prepped ferrari to 24 hours of lemons.

I'll be in the austin area for the week if anyone wants to get together for a hill country tour or something. Although it looks like the nice weather might be at an end for a while.

I got a few pictures of the weekend. It's always nice to see cars like this on a track:

A lotus 211 without mirrors lol.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Hey I'm driving back to Austin right now hit me up when you get there ill meet up with you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast