Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling my 2007 red framed Atom

Selling my 2007 red framed Atom

UPDATE: The car was sold last week to a gentleman in North Carolina. I delivered it two days ago and he already has it registered! Nice guy who already owned two Atom Spec Racers. Sad to see it go, but great to see it going to a good home.

Sorry to see it go...life priorities have changed...

eBay ad: Ariel : Atom 2 Carbon Fiber in Ariel | eBay Motors
    Last edited by RandyLamp; December 5, 2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Sold
    Rogers, Arkansas
    My Atoms are gone to new homes ...

Country
    United States
    Now this is a sad day!

What a beautiful car and what a great person to have had on the forums. Good luck with the sale.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    wow what a beautiful atom! good luck with your sale.

Country
    United States
    One of my favorite Atoms! Truly one of a kind with great history.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Thank you for the nice comments. As you all know, I've been pretty scarce in the Atom community for some time. I miss hanging out with you guys, but my life is full of other challenges and new adventures.

Tip of the day for those who track their Atoms HARD. The forward lower cross tube in the engine cradle has a history of failing the welds at each end. (I know of thee Atoms having such failures including my original car and Eddie's original car. Tom S and I discussed this and he came up with a gusset designed to increase the strength of these joints.

I highlighted it in yellow here:

Very unobtrusive appearance from the casual view:

Rogers, Arkansas

Country
    United States
    Randy,

I wish you the best at whatever ventures you are involved in.

Randy is a five star gentleman, and this is one of the finest Ariel Atoms on the planet.
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

Country
    United States
    Randy,thanks for the gusset tip. I will keep a close eye on my track Atoms. Where are you lifting the front of the Atom on those lift photos?
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Good luck on the sale Randy, Atomfest is still one of my life's most memorable experiences (not the drive out, but once I got there). Thanks for that.
    the high profile toy thrower

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Randy,thanks for the gusset tip. I will keep a close eye on my track Atoms. Where are you lifting the front of the Atom on those lift photos?
    Hi Max, I place a 2"x4" aluminum tube under the tub just below the vertical front wall where the tub is it's strongest. The lift picks up the ends of the tube and voila! I do have to run the front tires up on home-made 3-1/2" high aluminum ramps to get the car high enough for the lift and aluminum tube to fit. These are the same ramps I use to put the car up on the platform scales.

Rogers, Arkansas

Country
    New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Randy,

I wish you the best at whatever ventures you are involved in.

Randy is a five star gentleman, and this is one of the finest Ariel Atoms on the planet.
    My sentiments exactly. Very sad I never made it to an Atomfest. All the best Mr. Lamp.
    01100001 01110100 01101111 01101101 00110001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast