Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: San Diego, Ca...just ordered a AA3 K24

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rijowysock View Post
    who in the world would put 20k in carbon on a car?
    That would be us...
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Country
    United States
    I have a CF tub, ... is there dumber bling?

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I have a CF tub, ... is there dumber bling?
    CF veneer is dumber
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    CF veneer is dumber
    Is veneer like a type of adhesive vinyl or just a very thin sheet of real CF?
    01100001 01110100 01101111 01101101 00110001

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomJohnny View Post
    Is veneer like a type of adhesive vinyl or just a very thin sheet of real CF?
    very thin sheet of real CF with adhesive backing. one step up from fake vinyl CF.

Carbon Fiber Veneer

the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    The Ultimate bolus car.. I looked at one of these, really beautiful at 780lbs, it'd be shame to put a fat man in one.
    stohr all CF body.. well pretty much everything
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Banned
    Country
    United States
    very thin sheet of real CF with adhesive backing. one step up from fake vinyl CF.

Carbon Fiber Veneer

damn thats like 5hp alone!.. actually 6hp since it's off center.. (i heard the vtec kicks harder when it's off center?)

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Positron View Post
    The Ultimate bolus car.. I looked at one of these, really beautiful at 780lbs, it'd be shame to put a fat man in one.
    stohr all CF body.. well pretty much everything
    obviously thats for weight loss, the same way a carbon clamshell kit saves 224lbs on an exige (well worth its weight in.... carbon)

adding carbon doesnt reduce weight.. also 90% of carbon products are wet carbon (heavier than fiberglass) dry carbon is the way to go.. and actually add's strength.

i guess i have an engineering mind that says, dont add weight to make something look lighter... CF is not "bling" to me.. it's an engineering marvel (if used correctly)

again, my opinion... no offense guys.

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks for the clarification. One can never assume the right translation even in english. Braces, pissed, etc. You know what I mean.

Country
    United States
    Why buy real gold jewelry? Or diamonds? Is such a tiny speck of carbon worth SO much?
    Real CF is not really "worth" paying extra for if you are doing it purely for the weight reduction,unless you are seriously into professional racing,where every advantage counts.(less weight and more strength)
    Unpainted CF is manily done to please the eye...and it is truly up to the individual to define what is "worth it" and what is not.
    It is also fully functional,so no real negative unless you can't afford it. In that case there is always the "fake" stuff.
    Well done CF is truly a thing of beauty, and an art form. I never tire of it's luster...
    The Atom in itself is not purchased for practical reasons..so why should options?

Side note:I recently had an opportunity to test the strength of my front brammo CF wing. I hit a tire barrier at ~35mph..head on (had a mechanical issue..Loctite is NOT an acceptable substitute for safety wire...) The fiberglass nose broke,the metal front frame extension bent..but amazingly..the fragile looking CF wing,held on by those 4 teeny-tiny little mounting tabs,did not even so much as crack,although it did get scraped/scuffed up a bit.
    I was truly impressed by the strength of that wing to shove that tire barrier back 6 feet without suffering any structural dammage.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast