Thread: Doc at the Glen

Country
    United States

Doc at the Glen

Some pics of my recent visit to Watkins Glen. Had a blast dicing with an Exige Cup car (2100lbs/260whp) vs. Doc Atom (1700lbs/220whp) We would swap off leading/trailing..he had the advantage on the straights,I the corners. The Atom is like a cheese grater to the wind!! All in all,very pleased with the Doc Atom and the new windshield. NO wind buffeting and NO debris in the face..

IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_9575.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9587.jpg
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; August 23, 2012 at 05:23 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    All in all,very pleased with the Doc Atom and the new windshield. NO wind buffeting and NO debris in the face..
    Have you noticed it in your lap times, even slightly?
    01100001 01110100 01101111 01101101 00110001

Country
    United States
    What I did notice is the car def feels more planted,and is less nervous at speeds over 100mph,therefore,you tend to keep your foot in it longer...
    I never had the Doc Atom at Watkins Glen before the windshield install,so I really have no baseline times to compare to. I was turning a best of 2:12's(not officially timed), full course,and I consider that to be damn good.
    My much modded Focus (2400lbs/230hp) turns 2:19's,(official timed)but that car isn't very aero either.
    DSC_7413.jpg

Those laughing at my Atom tires:
    I like running the Hoosier Formula Atlantic tires as they offer incredible feel,superb traction,wear very well with my suspension setup,and a set of 4 fresh takeoffs (with about 5 laps on them) cost me only $400/shipped,and they are available every year. Win-win-win-win in my book!
    I can get about 6 full track days out of a set of rears,about 8-10 from the fronts.. now that I have found the sweet setup (and I flip them every event)

Got 'em! Turn two,up through the esses,in 4th gear...floored...

IMG_9504.jpg
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; August 23, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Some pics of my recent visit to Watkins Glen. Had a blast dicing with an Exige Cup car (2100lbs/260whp) vs. Doc Atom (1700lbs/220whp) We would swap off leading/trailing..he had the advantage on the straights,I the corners. The Atom is like a cheese grater to the wind!! All in all,very pleased with the Doc Atom and the new windshield. NO wind buffeting and NO debris in the face..

IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_9575.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

IMG_9587.jpg
    Was Doc the one you put the Palatov parts on? (bellcranks & bigger pushrods)

Country
    United States
    ^Yes,I put the Palatov uprights,bellcranks and pushrods on Doc (and Max) I really feel those components are 100% necessary when running heavier spring weights than stock,and pushing the car hard on track.