Thread: Honda K series information

Country
    United States

Honda K series information

The US Ariel Atom 3 uses the JDM spec K20A motor. The Spec Racing Ariel Atom cars will be using the USDM K20Z3.

Here is a link with useful information about Honda K series motors in general:

http://wiki.clubcivicquebec.com/index.p ... #K20Z3_RRB
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

Country
    United States

Re: Honda K series information

Feel free to add technical information related to the Honda drive-line here.
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

n00b
    Country
    Austria

Quote Originally Posted by Gage
    The US Ariel Atom 3 uses the JDM spec K20A motor.
    Gage, are you sure? The Honda K20A JDM was the engine that was used in the UK Ariel Atom 2 and did not use drive by wire but rather a cable. As far as I know the K20A JDM is now no longer produced.

I am pretty sure that the new UK Ariel Atom 3 uses the Honda K20Z4 engine and I was also under the impression that both UK and US Atoms now use identical engines. By the way the new Honda K20Z4 uses drive by wire which is now part of the Atom 3.

Klaus

Country
    United States

The latest iteration of the K20A (the one used in the FD2 Civic Type R) uses DBW throttle: http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/FD2K20AR/index.html

Whether this is the engine used in the USA Atom 3, I am unsure of.

According to the Wikipedia article on the Honda K-series, there are at least 7 engine build variants that have worn the "K20A" badge: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... a_K_engine
    300hp K20A | "It'll never go, my dears! Not if he's had anything to do with it."

Country
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage
    The US Ariel Atom 3 uses the JDM spec K20A motor.
    Gage, are you sure? The Honda K20A JDM was the engine that was used in the UK Ariel Atom 2 and did not use drive by wire but rather a cable. As far as I know the K20A JDM is now no longer produced.

I am pretty sure that the new UK Ariel Atom 3 uses the Honda K20Z4 engine and I was also under the impression that both UK and US Atoms now use identical engines. By the way the new Honda K20Z4 uses drive by wire which is now part of the Atom 3.

Klaus
    Hi Klaus,

Yes, I am absolutely certain of those facts. The US Ariel Atom 3 uses the JDM K20A. I can also confirm what you said that the K20Z4 is used in the UK. Who knows what the future will bring?

Lepton
    Country
    United States

www.k20a.org is a great forum for all things K. I've learned a lot about the motors on there, and There's not a lot of ricer hype like on honda-tech.
    2011 Ariel Atom Not Supercharged
    2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged