Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Committed to purchase last night

Re: Committed to purchase last night

Quote Originally Posted by silver
    smaller pulley isn't necessarily smaller than a stock 300 or 245, it's only smaller than a stock 205.

just fyi,

spanky's car was outfitted identically and produced no more power than stock and after he sold he the new owner had it tuned with Hp tuners so it's a custom tune instead of a canned tune,

picked up 15whp.

just fyi.
    Not doubting you, but why would a 205 even have a supercharger pulley on it since it is normally aspirated? Not doubting you but don't understand.

I know for certain that a custom tune is going to be better than the tune that is in the car. I'm more interested in reliability than ultimate HP numbers.

Also, passed inspection without any glitches at all.

Just fyi,

ben

if you decide you want more power in the future, do a supercharger swap / injectors / tune......internal piston upgrades if within your budget is highly recommended.

that intercooler if it's in the hoop is the best intercooler you can get, so that's a huge plus.
    If I have problems with the current setup, I will definately get into the motor to get some more power out of it. I plan on putting it on a dyno just to get an idea of where the power really is. The intercooler is in the hoop, so at least something is good on the "upgrade" list

ben

Neutrino
    Country
    United States

205 was supercharged, n/a was offered but never sold any out was under 200hp, shinoos car was purchased as a 205, that's why he put together that kit.

Glad you passed inspection, keep going back there lol

205 was supercharged, n/a was offered but never sold any out was under 200hp, shinoos car was purchased as a 205, that's why he put together that kit.

Glad you passed inspection, keep going back there lol
    I certainly stand corrected. I was under the impression that the 205 was NA.

On the inspection, at least in this part of texas, they just do a visual for smog. We don't have to have any obd2 hookups or emissions. I'll be interested to see where this car dynos. I am sure if I want some tuning done, someone in Houston has tuned some cobalt ss's

ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12